With an increase in the number of Lockdown Phases, the travel restrictions are strict and one cannot travel within India without appropriate permissions. Traveling Interstate with e-Pass might be the new trend even after this Pandemic until everything settles up. Considering the situation, it’s advised not to travel unless it’s really an emergency case. This article is all about how to apply for Interstate Travel Pass for movement during COVID-19 Lockdown in India, how does Interstate Travel Pass Work.
If you are trying to apply Pass for some leisure activities, kindly refrain from reading this article. If you have less than 5 minutes of time, just scroll down to the end of the article and you will find a one-liner guiding you.
How does Interstate Travel Pass Work
Before knowing where to apply for Interstate travel pass, read the below points to ensure you are travelling with complete permissions.
- If you are applying for Interstate Travel Pass, you need to consider the rule imposed by both the states i.e the state you are exiting and the state you are entering in. For example, consider the following scenarios:
- Scenario 1: If you want to Travel to Goa from Karnataka you should get permission from Karnataka to go out and according to Goa Government you no need to have travel pass to enter Goa, whereas you might only need a self-declaration form.
- Scenario 2: Consider someone who wants to travel from Andhra Pradesh to Telangana during COVID-19, they need to get only exit permission from Andhra Pradesh and since Telangana doesn’t need any special permission to enter and exit, they can enter just like that.
- Scenario 3: If someone under emergency really wants to travel from Tamil Nadu to Karnataka during COVID-19, you need to get InterState travel pass from both the states, as both states are strictly restricting the entry and exit.
- Once the InterState travel pass is applied, it can either be approved or rejected by authorities. One cannot travel without approval from both the states.
- Certain states exempt Government authorities to travel without InterState Travel Pass, in such case Identity Card of the employer is mandatory.
- Arogya Setu app is mandatory and entering the self-assessment is a must for almost all of the states.
To know more about how to apply and where to apply, please keep reading the article.
Government Portal To Apply for Interstate Travel Pass
The government of India had launched its centralized portal to apply for Interstate Travel Pass. From this portal, one can select their state of presence and apply for the Pass with valid Reason, and also they can track their application status. Kindly read this article before navigating to Government Portal, to ensure the needed things are available and valid. As of 25th July-2020, this portal consists of links to the following states, and among those few of the links are not in operation or disabled. The below data might be getting changed often based on the situation, we will try our best to have updated information here.
|State to Apply e-Pass||Status of the Link (e-Pass Services)||Alternate Link to Apply e-Pass||Offline Application Form|
|Andhra Pradesh||Available in Portal and Working|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Available in Portal and Working|
|Assam||Available in Portal and Working|
|Bihar||Service has been Suspended||https://qrgo.page.link/wtmHD||Download here|
|Chhattisgarh||Not available in Portal||https://epass.cgcovid19.in/|
|Goa||Not available in Portal|
(To Enter and Exit Goa,Travel Permit is no more needed. To enter, Self Declaration to Enter Goa is needed.While Exiting Goa, apply for travel permit to destination State.). Entry in Arogya Setu is mandatory before the travel start.
|Self Declaration Link https://www.goaonline.gov.in/appln/uil/deptservices?__DocId=REV&__ServiceId=REV18|
|Gujarat||Not available in Portal.||https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in/LoginApp/CitizenLogin.aspx|
|Haryana||Service has been Suspended||https://edisha.gov.in/eForms/HRMovePass|
|Himachal Pradesh||Service has been Suspended||https://covid19epass.hp.gov.in/applications/epass/apply|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Available in Portal and Working|
|Jharkhand||Not available in Portal||https://epassjharkhand.nic.in/public/index.php (Not working as on 25th July 2020)|
|Karnataka||Available in Portal and Working |
(Service Travel to Karnataka from other state suspended)
|Kerala||Available in Portal and Working|
|Ladakh||Available in Portal and Working|
|Lakshadweep||Available in Portal and Working|
|Madhya Pradesh||Not Available in Portal||https://mapit.gov.in/covid-19/Default.aspx|
|Maharashtra||Available in Portal and Working|
(Only Goods Vehicle Movement pass avalable in Portal.For People movement follow the link in next column)
|Manipur||Not Available in Portal||https://tengbang.in/|
|Meghalaya||Available in Portal and Working|
|Mizoram||Not Available in Portal||https://mizoram.gov.in/page/get-in||Download here|
|Nagaland||Available in Portal and Working|
|Odisha||Available in Portal and Working|
|Punjab||Not Available in Portal||https://epasscovid19.pais.net.in/ (Not working as on 25th July 2020)|
|Rajasthan||Not Available in Portal||https://epass.rajasthan.gov.in/login|
|Puducherry||Available in Portal and Working||https://epass.py.gov.in/ApplyOnline.aspx|
|Sikkim||Available in Portal and Working|
|Tamil Nadu||Service has been Suspended||https://tnepass.tnega.org/|
|Telangana||Not Available in Portal. No need of any special permission to enter and exit telangana|
|Tripura||Available in Portal and Working|
|Uttar Pradesh||Available in Portal and Working||http://188.8.131.52/upepass2/Apply.aspx|
|Uttrakhand||Not Available in Portal.||http://dsclservices.org.in/apply.php|
|West Bengal||Not Available in Portal.||a. Link for EXIT pass from West Bengal|
b. Link for ENTRY pass for small vehicles to enter West Bengal
c. Link for ENTRY PASS for persons travelling in groups with large
vehicles to enter West Bengal
I hope this article will help you to get knowledge on how to apply from Interstate Travel Pass and how it works. If you find this article useful, please share it with your like-minded friends who might be really in need to travel the neighboring state during this Pandemic. If you feel to save it for future reference, please save the below Pin in your Pinterest Board, by just clicking the save button on hovering over the image.
One-Liner from Dusky Dawn
Travel only if it’s Emergency. Know the rules imposed by both the states before applying for the pass. Arogya Setu is mandatory. Refer to the above table to know the links where to apply.
Hope I saved your time with one liner, but do read the article once you are free.
Take care, cheers and see you in another post. Let’s travel together !